During the summer holidays, the mobile unit operated from the grounds of a number of secondary schools, but with the return of the pupils alternative locations had to be found – with the help of the Scottish Service fire and rescue.
An Aberdeenshire Council spokesperson said: ‘We cannot thank the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service enough for hosting several of our mobile Covid test centers in Aberdeenshire fire stations.
“During the summer holidays, we operated from within our high schools, but the resumption of classes this week forced us to find alternative places.
“In a great demonstration of working in partnership, SRFS duly took the lead and invited us to locate our test centers in the Banff, Inverurie, Laurencekirk and Turriff fire stations.
“This means we can continue to provide important lateral flow testing in our communities – without the need to book – and where residents can also pick up their own kits for home testing. “
Mobile community testing is offered across Aberdeenshire. Testing without symptoms is completely voluntary. You can also pick up Personal Test Kit Packs from Mobile Community Test Centers.
You should not attend any of these centers if you have symptoms of Covid-19, if you have had a positive test in the past 90 days, or if you are currently isolating yourself as a close contact or protecting yourself. If you have symptoms, self-isolate immediately and book a test through the gov.uk website or call 0300 303 2713.
The program for this week is:
• Monday 23 August – Peterhead Maiden Street car park, 2 pm-7pm; Westhill Pool, 10 am-3pm; Portlethen swimming pool 10 am-2pm (collection only).
• Tuesday, August 24 – Banff Fire Hall, 10 am to 3 pm; Laurencekirk fire station, 10 am-3pm; Fraserburgh Maconochie House, 10 am-3pm.
• Wednesday August 25 – Fraserburgh Maconochie House, 10 am-3pm; Stonehaven Carlton House, 10 am-3pm; Banff Fire Hall, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Thursday August 26 – Turriff fire station, 10 am-3pm; Banchory Fire Station, 10 am-3pm; Inverurie fire station, 10 am-3pm.
• Friday August 27 – Parking Ellon Old Academy, 10 am-3pm; Inverurie fire station, 10 am-3pm; Peterhead Maiden Street car park, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.