Firefighters tackle Carterton bedroom fire

FIREFIGHTERS put out a fire in a Carterton home, caused by an electrical outage.

On Friday evening (August 5) at approximately 8:10 p.m., crews from Witney, Burford and Rewley Road Fire Stations were called to report a fire in a bedroom in the Cranwell Avenue area of ​​the city.

Upon arriving at the scene, firefighters were confronted with smoke and flames coming from the rear of the property.

A spokesman for the Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said: ‘The occupants’ actions clearly saved the rest of the property from severe fire and smoke damage by closing the fire door and were alerted very early by their smoke detectors.

READ MORE: Four seriously injured after RV accident near Kidlington

“Two breathing apparatus crews quickly extinguished the fire using hose reel jets and carefully checked the property for any fire spread.

“The cause was investigated and determined to be an electrical fault from something that was charging.

“We’d like to remind everyone to have items on charge when you’re at home and to make sure you don’t exceed the amperage rating of outlets.”

For more information on electrical safety, visit https://www.365alive.co.uk/cms/content/electrical-safety

This story was written by Anna Colivicchi, she joined the team this year and covers health stories for Oxfordshire newspapers.

Contact her by emailing: [email protected]

Follow her on Twitter @AnnaColivicchi