Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue called for unattended disposable barbecue

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue teams have been called to report an open fire in a park in Kidlington.

Crews found a disposal barbecue that had been left unattended and the fire had spread to the large log it was placed on.

A spokesperson for Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue said: “Remember not to leave any fires or barbecues unattended, particularly in this period of hot, dry weather that we are experiencing, as the consequences can be serious with a risk to life and property.”

During the heat wave, the fire department issued several warnings to the public about the dangers of leaving barbecue grills unattended.

This story was written by Sophie Perry. She joined the team in 2021 as a digital reporter.

You can contact her by email: [email protected]

Follow her on Twitter @itssophieperry

A message from our editor

Thank you for reading this story and for supporting the Oxford Mail.

If you like what we do consider subscribing to Oxford Mail and in return we will give you unlimited access with less advertising on our website from the latest news, surveys, features and sports.

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tik Tok to find out more.

You can also join the conversation in our Facebook groups: stay ahead of traffic alerts here, keep up to date with the latest court news here, share your best memories of Oxford here, get your daily dose of celebrity news here and take time with news that will make you smile.

If you have a story for our reporters, send us your news here. You can also list an event for free here.