Of the 23 foreigners, there were 6 children under the age of 5.
Badung, Bali (ANTARA) – The Denpasar Search and Rescue Office (Basarnas) and a Joint Search and Rescue (SAR) team evacuated international and domestic tourists from the Seminyak area, Badung district, province of Bali, following a flood on Saturday.
“All the evacuated flood victims are safe and in good condition. The flood has started to recede. Previously, the joint SAR team evacuated a total of 33 tourists, including 23 foreigners and 10 Indonesian citizens. Of the 23 foreigners , there were 6 children under the age of 5,” the head of search and rescue on standby and operations at the Anak Agung Ketut Alit Supartana office said on Saturday.
He informed that heavy rains, which have fallen in a number of parts of Bali province since Friday, October 7, 2022, have caused flooding in several places.
On Saturday morning, the office was asked to help evacuate several tourists trapped by floodwaters from three villas in the Seminyak area.
“The height of the flood (water) was about 1-1.5 meters. Therefore, we immediately deployed a team to the scene using rubber dinghies to quickly evacuate,” he said. said the manager.
He added that in addition to evacuating tourists from the Seminyak area, his party also evacuated flood-affected residents from other places, such as Pura Demak area and Bung Tomo Street, Denpasar City, bali.
Meanwhile, the joint SAR team evacuated 19 residents from the third alley of Pura Demak Street. In Detan Alley of Pura Demak Street, the team managed to bring 10 residents to a safer place.
“Regarding the SAR operation on Bung Tomo 10 Street, we received a report that a resident was swept away by the stream, and after dispatching a rescue team and conducting the search operation, the victim was found dead in the river about 500 meters from the scene of the incident,” Supartana added.
Related News: Flood submerges 475 homes in three Bali villages