‘Truly generous’ family loses it all in house fire that started while dining


A family lost everything after a fire destroyed their home over the weekend.

Emergency services rushed to the scene on Saturday night when smoke was seen rising from the building.

Firefighters have discovered a well-developed blaze on property in Hamilton’s Hillhouse area, Lanarkshire Live reports.

Three more fire engines were dispatched to the scene to help control the flames while the area was cleaned up.

Today, friends and neighbors have come together to support the family whose home was badly damaged.

Close friend Graham Welsh organized a fundraiser to help them rebuild their lives.

Sign up for Glasgow Live newslettersfor more titles straight to your inbox

He said: “The accidental fire broke out while the family were dining.

“Fortunately, no one was injured, but unfortunately the fire swept through the house. The family is obviously devastated and are now trying to put the pieces together to rebuild the family home.

“I have been friends with the dad our whole life and it’s a family that is really so generous – they are usually the first people to help others by donating to food banks and toys for the other kids around. community.

“Please if you can save a little so this amazing family can get through this horrible ordeal and put a smile on those little faces.”

A Scottish Fire and Rescue spokesperson told us: ‘We received reports of a burning shed at 5:50 pm on Wellcroft Terrace, Hamilton.

“On arrival it turned into a well-developed house fire with smoke coming from the attic.



The fire ravaged the family home in Hamilton on Saturday

“Four fire apparatuses were dispatched to the scene.

“No casualties have been reported for the moment with all those identified.”

To make a donation click here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*